On the 21st April 2018, New (EU) Regulation on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will come into force and replace the old PPE Directive 89/686/EEC.
The new Regulation now applies to the whole supply chain rather than just manufacturers. Everyone involved in the manufacture, supply and distribution of PPE must ensure their PPE meets with the standard requirements.
Some of the standard requirements are outlined below:
- making sure PPE complies with the essential health and safety requirements;
- making sure technical documentation has be drawn up;
- when compliance has been demonstrated the EU declaration of conformity has been drawn up and a CE mark affixed;
- retention of documents for 10 years;
- sample testing;
- duty to take action in relation to non-conforming PPE;
- labelling requirements;
- providing instructions; and
- cooperating with the national authority.
For full details please go to: https://legislationupdateservice.co.uk/news/new-personal-protective-equipment-regulation/