We are seeking a HS Advisor to join a small team in Denny, Scotland.
You must possess excellent attention to detail and identify hazards. Knowledge of CDM would be an advantage.
You will also be able to discover opportunities for improving conditions and execute various safety programs. The ability to communicate guidelines to a multidisciplinary workforce is essential.
The role will be mainly office based, but some travel around the central belt of Scotland for site inspections will be required.
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Conduct site visits
- Maintain paperwork
- Record keeping
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as safety manager
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- BSc/BA in safety management or relevant field is preferred
- Valid qualification in occupational health and safety
- Risk assessment/management
- Administrative policies and procedures
- CDM industry experience
- Familiarity with project and department budget process and tools
- Knowledge of project controls
- Conceptual planning ability
- Conflict management and problem-solving skills
- Leadership ability
- Multi-tasking ability
- Communication, meeting, and presentation skills
- Comfortable with time reporting systems
In return we will offer a generous salary with training package to develop your skills and knowledge.