Shrove Tuesday – The Most Alarming Day of the Year
With many working from home, the temptation to start the first batch of pancakes is now on. However as simple as it sounds it can become a flipping nightmare.
Our Fire Safety Tips This Pancake Day
- Make sure you never leave your frying pan unattended
- Check that your smoke alarms and heat alarm are in good working order
- Supervise your children at all times
- Do not throw water over a fire as it could create a fireball
- Ensure tea towels and oven gloves are well away from the cooking area
- If the pan catches fire DO NOT move it
- If it is safe to do so, turn off the cooker and use a fire blanket or water mist extinguisher if you have one
Ensure your tossing skills aren’t the only disaster this pancake day!